Garden Pathways Comprehensive Mentoring Services seeks to provide mentors with the tools needed to lead participants in the development of critical life skills. Hope can be formed but without life skills, hope falls flat.
Critical Life Skills
- Shifting away from a crisis lifestyle
- Goal setting and reaching
- Dealing with anger
- Dealing with depression
- Successful relationships
- Home organization
- Budgeting and finances
- Career growth—getting and growing your career
- Understanding your personality and those of your family
- Building personal confidence
It’s not only what is taught, but how it is taught that is important. These skills may be taught most easily in a classroom, but that is not how they are best caught. Life skills are learned through practice and modeling. Mentors can share these skills as the needs and interest become evident.